NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

new owner

Welcome gourdlady & George. You have come to the right place for help and information, there are a lot of members here with older birds that have been re-homed and are now in there forever home. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

We love to see pictures when you have a chance;)

Carolyn & Mika

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I got a grey in July who was 12 years old and he was not handled at all by his previos owner and he was never let out of the cage either. Poor guy:( . But I am happy to say that 4 months later and since I have taught him the "step up" command he is sitting quietly on my shoulder. We are best of friends. My grey wasn't scared of people but just never been handled but he took to it right away. Hopefully George will be that way too. If you have any questions feel free to ask. There are many knowledgable grey owners here on the forum and always happy to help out:)

Hi Marla, I'm so glad you could join us. There is alot of valuable information here and numerous knowledgeable people who have re-homed older birds. Ask your questions and someone will come along to help you out. Hope to see some pictures soon if you would like to share some. Welcome aboard.

Hello Marla and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and George.

You are not the first person to take in a grey that has not been handled very much and you certainly came to the right place looking for help as we have some members who have gone thru the exact same thing.

This will take lots of time and patience but the results will be worth it if you are willing to do what it takes to win George over. You have already been given some encouragement from Baxtersmom, she went thru the same thing with her grey.

You will also find lots of useful information in our many threads so read thru them at your leisure and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Would you share some pictures of George with us as we would love to see him.

Welcome gourdlady247 and George!!!

What a wonderful to do in taking in a Grey in need of a new home. Time and Patience along with tons of love can overcome all with a Grey.

There are many members here with tons of experience in re-homing Greys that need a lot of TLC.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)