NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi everyone

Glad to join this forum.I am from Kuwait. Many people hear raise exotic birds and african greys are among the favourite. My first grey was a wild caught one. I took me a whole year of training before I was able to gain his trust. He was about a year and a half old.I had him for two years but unfortunetly he flew away.I have bought a lovely african grey about 6 months ago. I hope to benifit from this amazing african grey forum. Sorry for this long introduction

Hello and welcome congogrey. Good to have you. This is a great place for grey owners to come and chat and make some new friends, too. Please tell us more about your grey. What is your greys name? Is it a male or female? We'd love to see some pictures when you get the chance.

Well Hi there. So glad you have joined us. Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience as a grey owner and probably have an abundance of knowledge to share with us. What is your grey's name? If you have any pictures to share, we would like to see them. And for sure, welcome aboard.

So nice of you all these kind replies.It shows how friendly and worm-hearted members you are here. My name is Ahmad and my grey is about 1 1/2 to 2 years old telling from the eyes color but not exactly sure. We don't have breeders here. Birds come from Africa, mostly wild caught. I African grey is banded, but no date on the band. Just lettes and from what I learned the band does not mean it was hatched in an ivory. well thats a nother story. I called him Naji which means survivor in Arabic :) it`s a male name but I have no idea if the bird he or she. Unfortunetly Naji is sick. We don`t have real exotic birds vets here. Vets here concentrate on farm animals so no such thing like blood tests or other tests.I hope I can get help from expert members in this forum. I`ll post the problem in the health section. I know little about posting pictures but I`ll try. Thanks again and it`s a pleasure to be one of the family Caryolyn :)

Hello Ahmad and welcome to the family, so glad you have decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Naji.

Sorry to hear your grey may be sick, even though we have some very knowledgeable members here they do not take the place of a qualifed avian vet. You are welcome to post your question and we will try to help you as much as we can.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information that may help you in some way and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We would love to see some pictures of Naji and if you need help we have a section in the FAQ tab that may help you in doing that.

Welcome Ahmad and Naji!!

What a great name you selected for your Grey!

It nice having you here and looking forward to hearing more from you. There are many members here with a lot of experience that are more than willing to help with all the knowledge and experience they have. :-)