NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What size??

cflanny

ok I bought ZZero a flight suit made for a Congo its way too big, I want to order a avaitor harness and am afraid to buy the Medium size and am wondering if I should buy for a Timneh. He was 424g when I picked him up 5 weeks ago and he is only 426g now ( he eats like a pig but gets tons of exercise!) Does this weight sound small to you?? He is 17 weeks now are we gonna go thru a growth spurt or is this the area of weight he will stay in?? Thanks in advance for any help :)

A CAG that weighs about 424 to 427 gms is considered a small CAG. More than likely, it will remain at that weight because you're starting to exercise the bird. Parrots don't gain weight when they constantly exercise. Greys aren't known for gaining weight. Here's aapprox weight list for the size harness you can look into

Small Aviator

===================

Birds weighing between 190-425 grams: Small to medium-sized Amazon parrots (blue fronted, lilac crowns, orange winged), small african grey parrots (timneh, small congo greys), yellow collared macaws, small cockatoos (goffins, lesser sulfur, major mitchell, galah), large parakeets (alexandrines, pionus)

Medium Aviator

=================

Birds weighing between 425-600 grams: Eclectus, medium macaws (severe, red fronted), large amazon parrots (double yellow, yellow nape), umbrella cockatoos and larger african greys

Aviator harnesses and regular 7 ft harnesses are 2 different items which are sized differently

Aviator harnesses are adjustable