Lyric

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!!! I wish I was paying attention!! This a beautiful thread. Babies...wow!! Sadie said "pretty bird"...that's so cool. See? I think it's the girls who are the smarty pants ;) AnnaBella's first words were "hello birds" when she was just a few months old. Forget DNA tests...let's go for the IQ tests!! Ahhhhhh, I'm juuuust kidding. Jen, you posted in my thread that you don't have a good camera to post good photos....hogwash!! These are great pictures...in fact, I voted for yours in the holiday contest...I didn't realize they were "your" babies...as in you hatched them. Anyway, they are such greyt looking babies...I'll follow them as you post now. Thanks for telling me about them and that you posted the photos here. Like I said, though, I wish I had been paying attention....I need to visit all the room more often. OK...have a good one...

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Sadie Grey and Sterling, 16 weeks old.

I have news! Sterling has found a new family to love and care for him...he's going to be my neighbor! I hope everyone will give congratulations to my neighbors, Debbie and Bob. Debbie has joined the grey forum and I hope she'll keep us all updated on Sterling (or whatever name they decide to give him). I'm sad to let him go, but excited that I'll be able to keep in touch and see him occasionally. I know he's going to be much loved. sadiensterling013109.JPG

sadiensterling013109.JPG

Sadie Grey and Sterling have grown into wonderful healthy looking Tags and congrats goes to your neighbor for becoming the proud parent of Sterling. I know she will adore him and yes you will be able to see him from time to time. Now what about Sadie, has she found a new home yet?

Thanks for sharing them with us Jen, it has been most fascinating to watch these two grow from those naked little globs into beautiful birds, pat yourself on the back for a job well done.:)

Handsome picture of Sadie and Sterling. You have every right to be so proud of how fine they look. Congratulations on finding a home for Sterling so close to home. Can't wait to hear from Debbie and Bob. Please keep us posted on Sadie. We love these babies as much as you do! By the way Jen, how is Lyric doing too!

Sadie is still at home with me and I'm interested to see how Lyric will react to her one-on-one without Sterling there. He acted so scared of the two of them together, but I imagine it was kind of overwhelming for him. I'm going to give them another chance to interact and see what happens.

Lyric is at work with me today because the weather finally warmed up enough for me to bring him out of the house. He's happy to have the extra attention!

• 2 weeks later...

Sadie Grey- 4 months old-

I took some new photos of Sadie playing in the sunshine this weekend. She is such a pretty girl (I think so anyway!).

I tried allowing her and Lyric out together but Lyric acts terrified of her now. She chases him flying and he does everything he can to stay away from her. He was so upset he was flying into things and I can't have him hurting himself so I decided that wasn't a good idea. They now are only out at separate times from each other. I was so hoping they could be friends. It just goes to show you never know what will ensue when you bring a new bird into your flock.

I visited Sterling last night in his new home. He looks happy and healthy and seemed excited to see me. It was nice to get to visit him for a bit.

Anyway, here's new pics of Sadie Grey...

sadie021309a.JPG

sadie021309a.JPG

You should be so proud of yourself, Jen, for raising such beautiful, healthy babies! They really are quite stunning! I hope that in time you will find a way to help Lyric and Sadie get along better - I know in your shoes I'd have a hard time giving that little beauty up! But after all, it must be hard on Lyric right now - it sounds like he is really feeling threatened, not just socially, but physically, poor little fella. How wonderful that Sterling has moved in right next door. Your neighbors don't by any chance want to take Sadie in, too, do they?:)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww OK. I had to get that out, sorry. They sure are cutegly. I can't wait to see more. Oh and Schroeder said that if you get sick of feeding them, he'll be happy to fly by and gurge for them. He LOOOOOOVES babies.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww OK. I had to get that out, sorry. They sure are cutegly. I can't wait to see more. Oh and Schroeder said that if you get sick of feeding them, he'll be happy to fly by and gurge for them. He LOOOOOOVES babies.

• 1 month later...

Here's an updated pic of my little Sadie Grey. She is very vocal- still says "pretty birdie" a lot and seems to be working on more but nothing I can make out yet. I think she's a very smart birdie.

Lyric is still scared of her when I try to let them out together but he sits on top of her cage and interacts with her there sometimes so we are working on it. sadie040409b.JPG

sadie040409b.JPG

Thanks to both of you! Sadie is now 5 1/2 months old. Amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Sadie will be staying with me- I don't think I could bear to part with her now (some bird breeder I am, huh?) :P

By the way- I've talked to Sterling's momma and she says he's doing just great too. I need to get over for a visit real soon.