NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello!

My name is Rick. I have a Congo Grey, Cosmo, who's my best friend. (yes, I do have a life too) He's spoiled, and rightly so. I hope to share and receive many happy moments with all of you, as well as pick up a few tips along the way.<br><br>Post edited by: Journeyman, at: 2008/10/27 04:09

Hello Rick and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Cosmo.

You are kidding me, you have a spoiled grey? Now how in the world did that happen?:whistle: :lol: I know exactly how for all our greys are as spoiled, they own us and not the other way around but then we would not have it any other way.

Sometimes I think I don't have a life, I couldn't imagine my life without my Josey, she has become one of my best friends, I also have a sun conure.

How long have you had Congo and how old is he? Do you have any other birds?

We have a wealth of information in our many threads so read thru them at your leisure and do ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some other pictures of Cosmo besides the one in your avatar you would share with us we would love to see them.

Hey Rick, nice to meet you and Cosmo. Glad you could join us. There certainly is a lot of information to be shared here and I bet you have alot of cute tales to share with us about Cosmo. We love pictures so if you have any that you would like to share we'd be delighted if you'd oblige. Cosmo looks great in your Avatar.:cheer:

Hi Rick and Cosmo. I definitely can relate to having a spoiled grey, and I haven't taken a vacation since two years ago when my baby TAG was hatched. So, you see there are lots of people on here who can relate to you, you are now in good company! ;)

Thanks for the greeting. I have a hard time leaving for any length of time, and will only go away for two days. My sister has to come over and watch Cosmo if I do. My friends don't understand, then again, they don't have a Grey. I've had conures, love birds, cockatiels, parrakeets and one time, a crow. I've had birds since I was about 8 years old. Cosmo is the only birdy friend I have right now. I bought him a couple of puzzle toys recently. He figures them out too fast. One was called "Tiki Take out". You've probably have heard of it. It's a tiki hut that has wooden dowels as bars they have to chew through to get the treat. You put the treat and wooden dowels in through a trap door on the bottom that's secured with a key that you need a coin to open. (it's not a part of the puzzle) Cosmo chewed on the wooden dowels for about 5 minutes, looked underneath and noticed the key and opened it with his beak. The dowels and treat fell out, so ended the the puzzle part of the toy. He did play with the dowels for a while. The thing is, I set the toy up in another room so he didn't see how I put the treat in. Pretty wild! I uploaded a picture into the photo album of his cage, I try to get only the best for him.:) Talk to you later.<br><br>Post edited by: Journeyman, at: 2008/10/28 03:28

Cosmo sounds like he is too smart for his own good, didn't take him long to find the easy way in.

And you are right, only other bird lovers understand how you feel about your flock, our birds are our family, as if they were our children and we take our responsibility seriously.

luvparrots,

I've had Cosmo a year and a half and he's now just over 2 years old. I put the picture of his cage in the "photo album". It's 72" high, 40" wide and 30" deep. I'm new in this forum, so I don't know how to retrieve it. I guess maybe with a key word? If so, try either "Cosmo" or "Journeyman". I have a cute one, he was in his cage, and was giving me one of his looks, so I captured it. I'm not sure if this image file will attach, but I'll try.

Sounds like you've had lots of bird experience and are now dealing with a very clever little fellow! Imagine how smart he'll be the older he gets. Does Cosmo talk? I'm glad you joined the forum and can now share your stories with the rest of us!