NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cause for the vet's?

Anmlhggr

So, woody's poop has been a dark brown color yesterday and then again today. He is still eating, drinking and acting normal - still shredding phone books and stepping up for me and singing. But, usually his poop is green so I'm wondering. Now, I got him a new seed formula - it's less seed and more pellets, not much but some.

Let's say his food change has nothing to do with it. Is there anything that causes brown poop? I've looked at some other posts, but I'm still wondering. I have a picture too lol

DSCF1351.jpg

we just had some dinner so excuse the ...erm...pieces of almonds etc.

Post edited by: Anmlhggr, at: 2008/10/26 02:56

Post edited by: Anmlhggr, at: 2008/10/26 02:57<br><br>Post edited by: Anmlhggr, at: 2008/10/26 02:58

Did Woody eat anything brown? Baxter chews pine cones up for fun and I guess he eats some of it as well and his poop comes out as brown as the pine cones. I usually don't worry about the color cuz I notice it changes depending on what he eats but if I couldn't contribute the color to his diet I might be concerned. That's all I can contribute to it but I'm sure others know much more about this than me.

Certain foods can affect the color. Pelleted diets, whether they're mixed with seed or not can cause a brownish fecal color. It depends on the brand,and the different colors that it contains. Some droppings will be other colors depending on the color of pellets and which color pellet/pellets the bird favors. If everything is fine it's probably the new brand of food you're feeding.

A medical reason for a parrot's brown droppings..

Most of the time, it's liver disease.

If you feel that there's a problem call your vet, tell him of change to a new brand/diet, consistancy of droppings and any unusually large amount of water that your bird is drinking.

PS--I should also say that liver disease has a host of other symptoms that are usually visible so I doubt that your bird has that problem

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/10/26 03:46<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/10/26 03:52