NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

help please

marty825

That's not unusual at all. Many greys won't step up on a hand when a person offers the hand while they're in a cage. Instead, they bite. Some greys will react the same way if a person tries to removes or adds something to the cage.

Other greys will be just the opposite. Each bird has it's own mind set. If she's been doing this for a while, let it be. She doesn't want your hand near her or anything of hers in that cage. They're also possessive. If you aren't the first owner, she probably developed this habit before you got her. Just handle her when she comes out. You don't sound like you're having a problem there?? Do you physically handle her while she's out of the cage??<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/10/25 04:24

My grey preferes to come out on his own He is perfectly fine but it is clear he does not like to step up inside his cage.I do now and again insist he does purely incase a need arrises where I need to get him fast. On those occasions I use a short stick incase he bites, but really it seems like he is just playing and enjoying attention. He will step up but grabs the bars with his beak or one foot as if to say ok I will step up but you are not taking me out. When he is in the aviery he grabs the wire and I quite litrally have to prise him off one foot at a time. It is a very common problem.He steps up no problem anywhere else.

Thank,s everyone. Pepper is fine when she is out of her gage. She has to come out on her own. I just thought I might be doing something wrong. Its good to know I'm not. I Know she loves to do things on her own.If it makes her happy! then I'm ok to.

marty