NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

nutri puffs

she

Has anyone fed theit grey nutri puffs.They are a treat given aswell as a normal diet. I am curious as my grey Charlie goes really hyper and nasty when given them. I do not feed him them now.I experimented by not giving them for a while and then feeding them. This hyper behaviour resumed.when he was given them again.

What are nutri puffs? Is it for birds? It sounds like a cereal.

I have noticed with my eclectus that when there is something he really really likes he will get all excited show nasty signs of behavior too like growling and pretending he is going to bite:ohmy: I think it is so good to him he doesn't want anyone getting near it:laugh: He only does this with the "good stuff";) Maybe Charlie just really loves it and wants to protect it like my Tigger:)

Erika,

I dont know if you get them or not. They are made by Kaytee and I give them to the boys as a treat.

They look kind of like a cheesy puff crisp and come in all sorts of flavours.

At the moment mine have the Zesty salsa flavour.

I will find the bag and try and list the ingredients if you want me to later?

Maybe there is something in them that makes Charlie change his behaviour.

Yes, Caroline, I am interested in these treats. They sound like a good and healthy snack and need more ideas like to this for my flock. Baxter is my pickiest eater and am always trying to find things good for him that he will eat. He is a stubborn one though;)

I think I seen something at my bird store that sounds like your description. I will have double check next time I am in there. Thank you:)

Corn flour,Calcium Carbonate,Salt,Vit A supplement,Choline Chloride,Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Lysine,Propionic acid,VitaminE supplement,VitaminB12 Supplement,Riboflavin Supplement, Zinc Oxide,Menadione Sodium Bisulifite, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate,Copper Oxide,Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cholecalciferol,Beta-Carotene,Cobalt Carbonate, Folic Acid, Calcium lodate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Artificial Colors, Natural flavours!

Phew!! I will take a deep breath now!!!!!