NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rexxy & the dogs

SweetFX

Rexxy really likes to hang with the dog. Sometimes you turn around and rex is running to go sit by sadie. It is cute But it is dangerous. The younger dog is only 2 and I want to turn her into a service dog. They are both Great Danes. The older one hurt his leg this weekend, he is 10.5 and that is really old and he is really fragile. This puts him him closer to the end. Rexxy has even picked up on this.

I know people salvia is bad for our fids....but what about dog salvia? Sadie gives Rexxy kisses by lickes. Or sometimes they play with toys together.<br><br>Post edited by: SweetFX, at: 2008/10/24 07:24

Great photos of Rexxy with the Dogs. :-)

Dog saliva is filled with bacteria you would not believe. ou know they lick there butt's, eat cat poop and anything else on the ground that smells possibly like food.

Their saliva is very dangerous to your Grey.

danmcq wrote:

Dog saliva is filled with bacteria you would not believe. ou know they lick there butt's, eat cat poop and anything else on the ground that smells possibly like food.

They do that because they can:laugh: :sick: :woohoo:

I just had to comment on the pictures, that looks like a wonderful relationship between Rexxy and your dogs, glad they get along so well but you will need to be more careful of Rexxy does not come into contact with any dog saliva, not so much for the graphic reasons that Dan gave but for the other one of being full of bacteria that could kill your grey.

Thanks for the salvia answers. I do my best to keep them apart for the that reason. But sometimes they still play push the ball together.

And Sadie helps be find Rexxy too. If he gets spooked and flies to the other room. She can find where Rexxy goes and they both sit there and wait for me to come and get Rex. She is a big help. When I blacked out and Rexxy was on the counter eating breakfast. I came to with Sadie on me and Rexxy sitty down by his dish waiting. When I stode up the Saide baked and Rexxy came to the edge to see if I okay. They have a bond.

BTW SweetFx - I LOVED the first picture of Rexxy and Sadie! Can't help myself showing it to anyone who'll stop by the computer to look.

We should always remember that interspecies bonds aren't reserved to parrots and humans. Example : I have some friends whose German Shepherd adopted an orphaned baby raccoon - that was food for many hours of entertainment, too.

I feel a new thread coming on - and Rexxy and Sadie are the inspiration!

B)