NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Parrot sitting on eggs very thin

Guest corforbin

Guest corforbin

My 22-year-old African grey laid 3 eggs and is sitting on them, but is thin and her droppings have been very watery for a few weeks, and there has been a lot of them, several tablespoons I would estimate on each dropping.

Otherwise normal, lots of energy, good spirits, eating well, high quality pellet, etc. She was normal weight up to a few weeks before laying the eggs. Very healthy bird prior to this. Anything I need to be concerned about? I'm afraid to take her to the vet because I'm worried about her being away from her eggs for that long, she gets very upset.

I appreciate your advice.

Guest DjHarlequin

What is a biatch please? I only speak English and German and biatch is not in either language.

Funny how someone never heard of before, who is not in any way connected with the OP, feels the need to jump in with no proper advice or opinion, but simply to abuse someone. Did it make you feel festive?? Did it?? Oh good.

P.S. You flatter yourself by believing that your post would interest me enough to do a google search on you.

Guest DjHarlequin

That is simply daft advice. If you remove eggs, a hen will simply lay more and more and more, depleting her body of calcium and possibly killing herself. In normal circumstances hens should be left to sit on eggs until they get fed up.

I do not understand the 'rebond' bit either. If she is bonded to an owner, she will not 'unbond' simply because she has laid some eggs.

Sadly, in view of the fact that this person has not replied to any posts, one can assume that she has simply allowed her poor bird to die instead of taking any action.

Guest DjHarlequin

away from her eggs. Is she one of a breeding pair? If she is a single pet bird removing her from the eggs will cause no lasting damage.It may a lso be what causes the thinnness if she has no partner to feed her.

Guest DjHarlequin

I have to wonder if you are a serious poster. I checked your headers to see if I could give more specific help if you were in UK but it appears you have done everything you can to anonymize yourself.No idea who you are or where in the world you are.

I did a google groups search to see if I could get any clues but it appears that although you have an african grey you have not posted here before. Your main interest is seemingly soaps.Usually people with pets also post to pet