NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Bird any advice please???

salsmum

Hiya,

Can anyone tell me at what age CAG start talking please?:blink: It's just that I'm sure I heard Rosie trying to verbalise tonight:ohmy:...she was being quite cheeking and playful but this sound was'nt the usual parrot sound....if u know what I mean? it seems like she was startin to try and say a word. I just thought it would be quite a while before she starts talking...if at all x

Some start talking earlier than others. The average is around a year old. It is quite possible you are hearing a little mumbling as your Grey calibrates a word or two.

This will sometimes occur early, then stop, then start back up again 2 or 3 months later. But, it is certainly exciting when you hear that first mumble or what we perceive as a try a verbalizing isn't it?:woohoo:

danmcq,

Well she made a sound over and over this morning that sounded like a cat:S...I had to laugh really because the cat rarely ever meows :ohmy: She is getting more verbal though and it amazes me just how many different sounds she does actually make :blink: she went to bite me today and promptly after being told off followed with a kiss :woohoo:

LOL - Ah yes, the old hurt and make up routine. :-)

You will be amazed at the sounds they will pick up very quickly. The sounds come much sooner than the actual speech. It seems to be a natural progression for them in learning vocalization skills early on.