NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

INTRODUCING.........

HeatherStrella

Here she is....the newly named African Grey whose name was of the male persuasion, it just did not fit her alluring, delicate essence.

Her new name is....

ANNABELLA!!!!

AnnaBella Strella to be exact. :)

Thanks to those of you who gave me input, I really appreciate it. I thought for sure I was gonna go for Sophia but there's something about this name that suits her.

Here are her first photos as AnnaBella:

ab7.jpg

ab1.jpg

ab2.jpg

ab3.jpg

ab4.jpg

ab5.jpg

Pardon the quality...I used my Nikon D40 on some of them and it just didn't do as good as my D300. I had to adjust some stuff. I think I need to adjust some of the stuff on the camera!!! as u can tell!!!!

They look pretty good to me Heather, so you are going with Annabella, I like it a lot and it does seem to fit as she is very graceful looking in her pics.

Thanks for sharing some shots of AnnaBella Strella, the Cag "formerly known as Harrison"

Like that new signature too.;):)

Beautiful pictures!

I love the name...

Funny, I had a cat that I named Annabelle. When "she" was at her first vet visit, they called to say I might want to change my pet's name. Yup. Annabelle turned out to be a boy. We still called him Annabelle. Or sometimes Hanibal. He didn't care! LOL

Amazing! I look at the previous pictures of Harrison and I now look at the present pictures of Annabella. What can I say. The differences are absolutely fantastic. What a difference a name makes. I now know that Shhim has truly seen both sides of the fence.

Thanks you guys...you're so sweet. Dave, what in the heck...or who in the heck is Shhim? You're very funny. I guess I should have put a little pink bow on her head to really bring home the name...well maybe if I want to lose a finger. :pinch:

AnnaBella wasted no time...I've got a bleeder. I guess I moved too fast for her. Sometimes I forget and I don't watch myself. Oh well, live and learn....:( I just don't like that she had to resort to biting. Poor baby. :(

Dave, you really captured the story here! :woohoo:

Heather, your post is worded to sound like a "coming out" party of sorts, haha. It sounds like your birdie had a sex change! Well, I suppose she did, even if only in our minds :cheer: Congratulations on a beautiful name, and a great set of "coming out" pictures!

Oh yeah, and I have a D40. I used to use a Canon... I forget what specifically, but it was top-of-the-line about 2 years ago when I used it for work. It's hard to get used to the downgrade, but I don't find much problem with it as long as I'm cropping in-camera and not in Photoshop. From your shots, the only ones that look even a little off are the ones that are cropped, but the subject matter is still beautiful ;)

Love this thread!

Wow, look at AnnaBella's strutting her stuff!!

These are fantastic photos Heater and I am envious. She is looking at the camera while flying her loop as if to say "Get the shot, got this one?". I can only dream of being able to capture such photos of Dayo one of these Day's.

How did you do it? Is she trained to fly on command or was your hubby chasing her in the out-of-frame area. ;-)

Thanks for sharing these!!!!

Love the name!!! Annabella Strella, sounds so glamourous, I'm sure she loves it too every time you say it.

I didn't even notice the shade until you pointed it out but now I'm glad you did. That's a great idea- I always have to put Lyric in his cage when I'm cooking because there's no way to keep him out of the kitchen and it's just too dangerous.

And Heather, even your bad photos are great in my book anyday- you are too modest and such a perfectionist. I wish I could capture pictures of Lyric flying like that too but my Nikon coolpix just isn't equipped for stuff like that... Keep the cool pictures coming, we love seeing Annabella in her element. :)

Oh you're all too kind!! :) Thank you!!

EFGriffith, you said "the only ones that look even a little off are the ones that are cropped"..all of them are cropped. :) Thank you for the kind words. I really need to study my manuals and fiddle with the cameras to learn how to use them.I take pretty good photos but not the quality the cameras are capable of taking.

danmcq, you asked how I got the shots. There are times that she just loves doing to fly laps around the living room. She was in one of those moods yesterday and I got my camera out. As she did her laps, I stood in the middle of the room and spun around, snapping pics as she flew. I have a few more of her flying but they didn't turn out very well...she was in front of the window and they're just too bright. She will fly to me sometimes on command...when she feels like it, I guess. :)

Lyric, Casper and Fairymyst, thank you so much for your compliments. I really appreciate them. :lol:

Heather, any time you want to get down & dirty talking about photography, I'd love to exchange tips! I'm actually giving an amateur photography lecture Thursday, so it's a topic I always love to teach/learn about. You caught some great "moments" with these photos, and that's what it's all about! Well that and the cute new name ;) Cheers!

Oh cool. You're a photography guru, huh? :) I really wish I could sit down and read the whole manual but my brain just doesn't work that way. Have you looked at my album? I've got pics of geckos, my dog, people, a couple concerts, etc...I think there's more of AnnaBella than any other but that's ok ;). Anyway, the link is in my sig if you want to check it out. Maybe give me some tips if you see there's an overall problem I have or something??

Thanks!

Harvey, did you get some? I'd love to see them if you did. :)

I got a couple more of AnnaBella flying. I don't know why I'm into these flying photos now. I guess I'm running out of ways to photograph her. I need some new ideas, anybody have any?

Her feathers look really tattered in the first photo but they really don't look that bad in person.

ab8.jpg

ab9.jpg

I would LOVE to look at your photos! Alright, here we go...

They're super cute =) I really like #12, Bugs. 14. of the chick is cute too. What can I say, I like critters...

The owl in 20, the ape in 21, the MOON in 23! I'm so glad you posted that one in black & white. The baby in the person's hand on 28, the perplexed looking turtle in 29... I'm really getting a kick out of all of these. And those were only the album covers! I'll absolutely have to drop back in and check them out more in-depth when I have more time. I love looking at other people's photography. Makes me wonder why I'm a psych major and not a photog...