NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Darcy in his new sleep hut!

Patsy

The pics still show up. Nancy, it must be a setting on your computer. I didn't see how old the thread was until you pointed it out luvparrots. I'm still curious about that sleep hut though. My house is about 65 during the winter, and I'm wondering if the hut might be a good idea. Anyone else have experience with them?

Luna would have none of that. she is really really weary of anthing new in her cage. i put a block of plain old pine in her cage the other day for her to play with and she completely flipped out. i took it out and put it on the couch next to her cage. for the next 4 hours she was on the other side of her cage staring at it. so letting her "get used" to it didnt work so i abandoned that idea and put the wood in the trash. it was scrap anyway.

I am fairly certain a snuggle hut would contribute to Shadow's nest building instinct and the hormones that go with it. Poor girl was so desperate in early spring that she carved a beautiful nest in the bottom corner of a box I was using to store extra birdie toys. She literally set up shop in there complete with cardboard shreds and all. This was NOT helpful in preventing spring hormonal surges! Just a thought.

Can anyone confirm/deny the reality that some species of birds should or should not have these types of huts? Our Green Cheek LOVES them.

I wish I could help, but don't know. I've decided Sophie is " asexual".LOl She is DNA'd tested, is a girl. Has never demonstrated molting, sexual agression, etc. The only " hint" that she was sexually agressive, was when my son was sound asleep on the family room floor, she did a strange dance with his feet. She also sits between my son and his girlfriend. She HATES Kayleigh. Nancy