NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Member - Keana's Mom

Keanamom

Aloha all. My name is Jocelyne and I am the proud mom of a 17 year old Mullucan Cockatoo named Kea and my newest addition my 4 monthh old CAG named Keana. We live in the country on the beautiful island of Oahu in Hawaii along with 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 Jackson Chameleons and a cockatiel named Ralphie. Yes, I have quite the group and love each and everyone of them with all my heart. I look forward to the many stories and friendships that I am sure Keana and I will develop here over the years.

Hello Jocelyne and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Keana, what a lovely name.

So you are a new owner of a grey since Kea is only 4 months old, how long have you had Kea, all 17 years? You do have quite the collection of animals but if you love each and every one of them then the more the merrier.

You live in the best part of Hawaii, the country, I have visited there several times and it is a paradise on earth, I quite envy you.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Now do you have some pictures of Keana you would like to share with us as we would love to see him/her.

We have an other birds room where you can post some pictures of Kea and Ralphie if you like as we would love to see them too, heck you can post pics of all your animals if you want to, we like them all.:)

Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes. It is much appreciated. To answer some of your questions, I have had Kea, my cockatoo now for approximately 7 years. I rescued him from his previous owner who became overwhelmed when he hit puberty. As so many of you understand, his previous owner was totally unprepared for an adult bird. She was a good mom when he was a bappy but once he started getting older he was basically kept in his cage and had little interaction. Needless to say he became quite unruly and it took me a good year to get things calmed down. In the beginning I was not really able to hold him with out ending up black and blue. With a lot of love, plenty of reading children books to him at his cage and positive reinforcement, he has turned out to be one of the most unbelievable babies I have ever owned. Not to say that he doesn't yell at the top of his lungs at times, he has become a wonderful companion who I love with all my heart. As for the newest member to my family, Keana, my COG, she was born on June 18th and is the apple of my eye. I have been watching her since she was only weeks old and preparing for her arrival into our flock. I have already trained her to give kisses on cue and we are now working on her language skills. She has such a wonderful personality and Kea seems to be just thrilled with her. Pictures will be forthcoming.

I am so happy you could rescue this cockatoo for someone bit off more than they could chew, all he needed was the right person to give him what he needed and you fulfilled that.

I'll just bet that Keana is a real sweetheart and I can't wait to see some pictures of her.