NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rest of the family

harvey

I read that the photos don't have to be bird related in here so I thought I'd put the rest of the family up.

We have two house Rabbits called Jasper and Magic and a Chipmunk called Blitzen. We're not really into the normal pet thing of Cats and Dogs, lovely as they are. I'd probably have a Pig if Clare would let me :)

Here is Jasper (left) and Magic (right)

2948617125_945670ba77.jpg?v=0

Here is Blitzen, sorry it's a little blurred.

2948617131_071abe482f.jpg?v=0

The bunnies and Chipmunk have their own room. The bunnies have the run of the floor. They can be potty trained the same way as a Cat is, with a litter tray. They don't always get it right but they do try :)

Chipmunks vary, some are very friendly and can be handled, some are less so but they are fun to watch as they play. I can handle Blitzen but she is very fast :)

All they need really is a nice tall cage and if you let them out then something to climb up, curtains are popular. Feed wise I give mine Chipmunk mix, Nuts and fruit/Veg. I'll have to get a vid uploaded of her playing.

Gavin<br><br>Post edited by: harvey, at: 2008/10/17 22:49

They are brothers so they are very close. They cuddle up together, destroy their cardboard box house together. If one has to go to the vet then they both go because we don't want their bond to be broken and it could be if they were to spend a night apart.

We were only meant to have Jasper, but when we went to pick him up the breeder told us that Magic's new owner couldn't make it, (They didn't think their car could make the journey) so after a couple of minutes of shall we shan't we it was decided we'd take him too :). He was called Magic because he was supposed to be picked up by a magician and be part of his show!