NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

ready break

goody69

{Emotions-00020075}

You really have to be on your toes here :laugh: :P:S

Oh and its nothing like oatmeal... I love that... its like you took oatmeal and blended it for about 4 hours until it resembles dust and then cooked it "with" water or milk:P

Disgusting... looks and tastes like baby food! :sick:

Eeeeewwwww, why would you grind Oatmeal up into a dust? That doesn't sound good, but Ive never tried it. I do love Oatmeal though and so doea Dayo.

LOL - Yes, you never know on this forum, where a witty comment to ones post is lurking to be happened upon, with wize guys like myself and Dave around. :P

No witty comment on this post Dan;) . All of my greys and my 2 quakers love oatmeal. A long time ago, it was a food that made them more attracted and cuddly to my wife and I. They would hear the boiling water and they would be climbing all over the place.

Now because I know for a fact that these flavored oatmeals aren't harmful, we buy the Quaker Oats instant oatmeal that has the 10 different flavored packets in one box. Any time my wife makes the oatmeal, the finished product is extremely lumpy and as far as they're concerned, the lumpier the better. As a matter of fact one of those packets is called cinnamon apple and that's their favorite because of the small square apple bits that are in it. That's the first thing they go after. Years ago, I tried giving the regular oatmeal that was in the end very mashy, they refused to eat it. So, I don't know about grinding up the oatmeal into a powder consistancy. I give each bird one coffee scoop of oatmeal. I give each of the 2 quakers about 1/4 scoop.

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/10/17 19:55<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/10/18 03:59

The best treat I can give Klaus is oatmeal...it's definitely his favorite! I've always given Klaus the plain stuff, but will try the apple-n-cinnamon (thanks for the suggestion Dave - never occured to me!). Ready Break sounds a bit like the Cream 'o Wheat we have here in the States. I've not tried giving that to Klaus yet, but I'm sure he'd love that, too. I think what gets him about it is that it's warm & mushy. He doesn't get warm, mushy food too often. Probably reminds him of his baby-hood. LOL