NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Big Irish hello from us.

deef

Hi there 1st off have to say this is a really cool site and has answered alot of questions for me. Im really understanding Grays alot more now. My gray "Nismo" is 15wks old. IM really putting so much time into him. It almost looks like he is listening to me every word I say. I can wit til he starts to talk. My girlfriend thinks Im mad, But I just can wait til he start and that will really show her. Anyone any idea of when they do start to talk ???? I think its up to nearly 1yr old ????Anyways really cool site. Hope to get along ere thanks for having us...

Hello Deef and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Nismo.

Believe me no one here will think you are mad, you are just a bird lover like all the rest of us and no one understands us any better than we do. You will fit right in here.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so read thru them at your leisure and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.:)<br><br>Post edited by: judygram, at: 2008/10/17 01:37

Welcome Deef and Nismo!!

It's GreYt having you here. :-)

You have a little bit of a long wait for talking. On average, they do not start practice mumbling under their breath until around a year old. Some do so a little later, some earlier. But, I do know, we will all hear about the first mumble. You will not be able to contain your excitement when it happens. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some photos when you get a chance.

lads im a barber, do u think a gray would workout in my shop ??? I do have hm at home and hes not to badly behaved.I think it would be a good think in shop, specially when hes talkin and stuff. What would yous think ????

You mean take him back and forth to the shop with you? He may enjoy that and would then have time with you 24/7 essentially.

It would need to be done cautiously though. Make sure he can't fly out when customers come in or may leave the door open, insist on no bird teasing, poking hands at him etc. But, once you have the ground rules in place, know he won't fly into any mirrors etc. it may work out nice for you, your Grey and your customers. :-)

Yes thanks for your reply, I might leave him ere one or two nights a wk. I would keep him prob locked up in the busy times ie, Fri evengin and saturdays. I just think all the talkin to hi andstuff would and might bring him on. If ya get me ? I couldt really have him flyin around alday jes man no way, Im sure there are a few people or children that dont like birds.

Hi Deef, welcome to the forum. Taking your bird to work with you is a great way to help socialize him as long as you can keep him safe. Watchout for using any strong disinfectants or cleaning solutions around him though as birds are very sensitive to such things.