NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from all of us

Hello my name is Debbie. Me and my husband Mark run a small shelter out of our home. We are now housing about 25 birds???? all size all kinds. We just recieved a Grey name "Angel" she is our first Grey. She is a special needs liitle girl. We are trying to adapt her surroundings to make things easier for she can be more active

My questions are..

1..Are greys active bird like climbers?

2..Do greys normal climb on nets,swings and such?

3..Do they mostly just sit on or on top of their cages

and play with toys around them?

As I get to know her better I am sure I will have lots to say and more question

I lov to talk about my birds 20th_annie.jpg

20th_annie.jpg

Welcome Debbie, Mark and the entire Avian flock residing there!!!

It's great to hear you are rescuing birds and providing a good and loving home for them. :-)

Some Greys are very active and some lesser so. They will sit, preen, whistle tunes and mumble to themselves or sometimes run through their whole vocabulary.

One thing you do need to know, is they are VERY, cautious of anything new. Some are more so than others. You may find you will need to introduce a new toy or foraging device slowly, perhaps hanging it on the outside of the cage for a while before placing it in the cage.

They do need something to keep them active while in their cages like toys and foraging devices.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing some photos of your whole flock. :-)

I have 2 Greys one is more of a couch potatoe, where the other is all over the place. Each is so different it's hard to say. I am sure with time you will find what fits the birds needs. Like DanMcQ mentioned they are a bit more Cautious then most birds so be careful and watch for body language.