NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi everone

My name is Fred and I am a 56 year old civil engineer. I am a first time baby grey dad. Can't wait to bring him/her home. I live in Lexington South Carolina. It will take approximately two or three week to get the DNA results so I have not name my baby yet. Thanks to all of you for all your posting on this site. It has been a big help in my dicision to get a grey. I took you advise and let the baby grey pick me. The first time I saw him/her he came to me and stepped up on commend. He took his beak and gently picked my hand exploring. He let me rub his head and touch his back and belly. I did not want to put him/her back in the cage. Will pick my 13 week old baby and bring him/her home on Thursday Oct. 16, 08. Please pray for me, Ha Ha.

Hello Fred and welcome to the family, so glad you have decided to get yourself a grey and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new baby.

Continue to read thru the many threads, you will find lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If your baby is only 13 weeks old, will you be continuing with the handfeeding? I know you are very excited that in 2 days you will have your precious baby grey home with you, you are in for a treat.

Would love to see some pictures after you bring it home.

Congratulations Fred. I'm jealous, I don't get my grey baby until mid-November. Is your grey a Congo or a Timneh. The Congo has a black beak the Timneh a bone color beak. My grey is a Timneh, the smaller grey. I just love this site it has been very helpful in gathering all the things needed before my gray can come home. Well the 16th is just days away, can't wait to see your pictures of your new addition.:cheer: :silly:

Welcome Fred!!

I'm praying for you...LOL. :-)

It sounds like you and your new Grey hit it off well from the get go. Good job on letting him pick you. One more day and you'll have him/her home.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Well Hello Fred and welcome to the forum. I loved your introduction and can tell you are so excited to have your new baby home. You are in for so much fun! Greys are wonderful companions. Please let us know the minute you get your new bundle of joy and show us some pics:) I'm excited for you.:) Congradulations. Only one more day:woohoo: