NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

So Far So Good!

Perch

We have a great new addition to our family... A CAG born in March 2008. We don't have a name just yet because we are waiting to get the sexing results.:P

So far all is great! There is so much to pay attention to learning all the new bird's body language; and for he/she to learn our household schedule. I just read a potty-trainng post, and I am in AWE that potty-training can be learned by our featered friend.

We also have a chippy green-cheeked conure named Gelsa; but the world of greys is totally different. This forum seems lik a great place to share ideas and experiences, since I don't know anyone but me who lives with birds. in fact all my friends don't get it at all.

Fortunately, my wife [more of a dog person] encourages my enthusiasum. Of course, the new cage is far bigger than I mentioned it would be :woohoo: my bad!

Hi Perch- welcome to the forum. Greys are very smart and potty training is very possible with them, my 2 year old TAG is potty trained to a certain degree. You are right about non-bird people just not understanding. You will find lots of like-minded people on this forum, I hope you enjoy it here.;)

Hi Perch so glad you're here. You're right it is fun here and you can learn, and also teach. Everyone is different, everyone has different experiences and joys and problems with their greys. I'm learning alot here thanks to this experienced and knowledgeable Grey family. Ask whatever questions you have and share your experiences with us. Welcome aboard!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum Perch.

Congratulations on your new addition:)

Its great here to talk with other birdie people and share your love and passion of birds. I also have non birdie friends who think Im a mad bird woman!

Hope you enjoy your time on here.

Hello welcome to the forum. I love it hear and I am sure you will.We love pictures and stories.My friends just dont get birds at all, they cant understand why all my time and resorces goes to my two birds,welcome to the club.

Welcome Perch!!

Your new Grey sounds wonderful and you've come to the right place for information and GreYt people that love these intelligent sentient beings as if they are one of our own children.

As you have encountered, non Parrot owners don't understand and they never will unless they become one.

Nice having you here and looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)

PS - My Wife was shocked by the huge cage when I set it up for my CAG also. ;-)

Hello and welcome to the family. This is a great place to share your grey stories and get information. I have a grey, a conure and a eclectus and they are my babies. Unfortunately as you have already noticed people who don't have birds just don't get it:( I am always so proud to show off my birds and I get funny looks from company as they move away from the cages:unsure: . If they only knew what great joys they are;) But fortunately for us this forum is here and we hang on every word!:side: :silly: Can't wait to hear more from you and what sex and name it's going to get.