NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Breakfast foods!!

Raiderbabe

Hey everyone! I get up early everyday to go to work. Early for me is 6:45 AM. I am not a morning person :ohmy: Malibu also gets up in the morning at that time and comes out of his cage for almost 45 min. THen he has to go back in while I go to work. He eats his breakfast at this time. I have been giving him a special bean mix that I mmake for him from my breeder. It get heated and served. He also gets birdie bread in the morning from Harrison's and Momma Birdie Bread. He loves this! I try to rotate everyday so he doesn't always eat the same thing. I tried giving him fresh fruit but he doesn't seem to want it and then I have to throw it away when I go to work because it can't sit in there for 8 plus hours. Now he only gets it on the weekends and sometimes at night. My question is: Does anyone have any good ideas for healthy breakfast food that I can leave in there all day and not have to worry about it getting spoiled. Please help! Malibu needs some variety!

P.S. Today is his 6th month old birthday!!<br><br>Post edited by: Raiderbabe, at: 2008/10/10 13:03

My parrots sleep in their own bedrom, and come out in the morning. After their shower they get their food. In the morning they get often cooked beans, which i buy dried. I soak them in the evening, and cook them in the morning. The parrots each get some beans ( white beans, kekers, kidney beans, green peas etc.) together with a slice of apple, raw carrot or broccoli, sometimes parsley, sometimes cooked green beans ( depends of my own meal that day), sometimes a slice of banana, some grapes, fresh chili pepper, sometimes potato or pasta, and always half a walnut. Depending on the quantity, I also give them Harrisson's HPC. I give them also water, half a litre, with one teaspoon biological apple vinegar. At noon I go to work, and I return around 10.00 pm. Then they get some biological seeds to nibble on before they go to bed. Sometimes they also get a palmnut. Or a rosehip, or other wild berries.

My birds are busy foraging all day, and I take away the leftovers. The vinegar in the water works fine against bacteria-growth. I often go outside with them, where they can play around in the forest, chewing on decayed wood, and digging in the sand. It's good for their resistance.