NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Just a couple questions

jlandsiedel

I just want to make sure these things are normal or why its happening . . .

My new CAG will stretch both legs often . . . she is doing it less, I'm just wondering what they may be from, also she seems to pick at her feathers often too. Kind of like a monkey who is cleaning himself. Her tail feathers seem kind of messed up but only one has fallen off or bitten off, I'm not really sure how it happened.

Yes they stretch their legs from time to time and the wing on that side also. She is preening herself when you see her picking at her feathers, birds are vain, they like to have all their feathers in place and you are gonna see a feather now and then. All these things are normal grey behavior, nothing to worry about.

Check the feather end and see if it has been chewed or the tip is intact, that will tell you if it was pulled out or chewed off.

Yes they stretch their legs from time to time and the wing on that side also. She is preening herself when you see her picking at her feathers, birds are vain, they like to have all their feathers in place and you are gonna see a feather now and then. All these things are normal grey behavior, nothing to worry about.

Check the feather end and see if it has been chewed or the tip is intact, that will tell you if it was pulled out or chewed off.