NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Now the real introduction...

The test message worked. So now i will tell you how I got here.

I am a regular poster on a dutch parrot forum, and one of the other members was in search of a story she had been reading on the web. She lost the link, but the story was about a grey parrot and how it got its red tail. I put a few keywords in google and I found the story... on this site.

In search of the name of the original author, ( to put with the story) I registrated on this forum. So here I am!

I am living together with seven parrots, two dogs, a cat and three fish. One of the parrots is a timneh african grey. Nearly all animals are adopted.

I am studying to become a parrot behavior therapist and a professional bird trainer. I also do educational and musical presentations with my birds. I am also a writer, a storyteller and a singer.

wow... well done you!! Seven parrots :o:O you must really love them...

Welcome to the site! i found it about a year ago, and have never looked anywhere else since, the people here are great, and there is always someone around to help you, no matter how big or small the problem is :)

enjoy, michelle and adanna xxx

Hello Animalspirit and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your grey.

That is a lovely story about how the grey got it's red tail, one of our members shared it with us but I don't remember who the author is.

What is the name of your grey? You have many birds, just what other kinds of parrots do you have besides the grey?

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Would you share some pictures of your parrots with us, we have an other birds room where you can put the others.

That is the eye of my old amazon Borre, who died last year, but who will live on as my logo and avatar. To get to know him, and to understand him, was a wonderful experience. They say that one can see the soul through the eyes, the spirit of the animal so to say. Therefor I chose the name "Animalspirit" for as a behavior therapist you have to find out what moves the animal/parrot.

Hello Animalspirit and welcome to the grey forum. I think you sound like a very interesting and enlightened person and I look forward to hearing more stories from you about your flock! What a great job to be an animal therapist, that would take lots of patience and I imagine a lot of work also dealing with animal owners and helping them to understand their animals better. Hope you like it here.