NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New parrot :)

well, after three years of having my darling little adanna whos a cag, we have finally decided to get another parrot... Can anyone tell me what breed adanna might get along with more? I was thinking about another CAG but i dont know how adanna will feel. This parrot will be mines, and we will love it just as much as we love her :) Any ideas folks? Going to start looking for a new baby next week..

Michelle and adanna xxx

Congratulations! You are going for it finally! You know of course, there is no guarantee that Adanna will like any other bird muscling in on her territory. But personally I would go for another CAG just because many of us have CAGs that get on reasonably well with together. And also because I love African greys:whistle: ;):P

No its not a whole lot of extra work once the quarantine is over. Sure whats another cage to clean between friends:unsure: :P

Well take your time and listen to what the others have to say. Some members have amazons who get on well with their Greys too.

Adanna will be fine once you remember she is top bird. She gets everything first. Gets out first, gets fed first, say hello to her first etc.

Oh I'm getting excited for you now! Cant wait to see what you end up getting:)

Congratulations! Bet you are really excited!

Have you already seen a Cag? Are you looking for a baby?

When I got my second grey obviously there was a period of getting used to each other ( and sharing me) but on the whole evrything went really well!

Now ive got my third that is a different issue;)

Keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Caroline

Congratulations on making the discision to get another Parrot. Which species you end up getting will not ditate if Adanna will get aloong with it or not. As you know, there are no guarantees. :-)

I personally would get another CAG or a B&G Macaw, but hey, thats just me. ;-)

Hi Michelle- I haven't seen you on here for awhile, but maybe I just missed your posts...I'm excited for you getting another bird. Adanna will probably not be too thrilled to share your affection, but hopefully with time she will adjust.

I would go with another african bird, perhaps a grey, Timneh maybe? Or take a look at Senegals- they are nice birds and pretty quiet too, smaller than a grey but bigger than a cockatiel- I have a pair and they are quite adorable. Best of luck to you in your decision.

• 2 weeks later...