NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

grey related budgie question!

retronut

If you are talking about them interacting together, probably not, but it really depends on the individual birds. My parents kept a Timneh grey and lovebird in the same large cage for years. I don't recommend this!

Depending on their personalities, you might be able to have them out in the same room together, with constant supervision. Just bear in mind that your grey could inflict a life threatening injury in seconds to such a small bird.

I doubt very much if a grey would interact with a budgie,there is such a size difference,as Kaedyn points out a greys beak can inflict a very serious injury to such a small bird.you would have to closely supervise all out of cage time,personally i wouldnt recommend it,it's not worth the risk.Other members may have different experiences & hopefully add their thoughts.

I have three budgies, a sun conure and a tag. Morgan, our 18 week old tag had shown aggression toward all of them. We don't let them out of their cages at the same time, unless in seperate closed off rooms. A few times Morgan has gone straight for the other birds cages, feathers ruffled, with a predatory look in his eyes. We have learned how to give everyone lots of out of cage time safely. As others have said, every bird is an individual, this is just my experience with my tag and other birds :)

I suppose there has to be an exception to every rule, and this is mine! I have a lot of small birds and this was the only bird that Liath would tolerate. But they werent friends, they just co existed! That little budgie lives in an aviary now so Liath hasnt seen him in a long while. LiathSpeedy.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: siobha9, at: 2008/10/07 09:28

LiathSpeedy.JPG

thanks for sharing everyone! great pic siobha9 :laugh: when i get a grey i wouldn't allow the 2 to share out of the cage time. i just want to make sure the 2 cages being in the same room would be ok. if the cages are within a few feet of each other will they annoy each other or will they chatter to each other?

The only problem with the 2 cages being in the same room is if the budgie landed on the greys cage he might lose a toe:ohmy: You'be better letting him out for a fly in a different room.

Yes my greys used to talk to the budgies all the time. Liath actually used to say Hello Budgies to them when they started chattering. The budgies didnt seem to be specifically chatting to the greys though, they just made noise all day long:laugh: