NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

female greys

shanny

hi just found out my grey is female shes not long turned 1yr shes not talking yet does anyone know how long does it usually take for them to talk im in everyday with her and spend all my time with her shes copying the other birds screams and whistling noises but thats about it

Wow the same question within a few minutes from 2 different members:laugh:

At the risk of repeating myself... I shall tell you what I told the other poster;) There is no guarantees that a grey will talk. Not all do. For those that do it can be anytime from 6 months to 2 or 3 years. The average age does seem to be around their first birthday though. She will start to mumble and mutter before she talks, thats her way of practising!

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Shanny, I hope you got your friend because you like parrots not because it could learn to talk. Some don't and the timeline is different for each parrot. Read some of the other posts. Some are named at the top of this thread. It depends of the parrot, some talk as early as 4 months, some 6 months and some longer, some not at all. It all starts with mumbles and imitations of sounds. Be patient. Enjoy your friend for all its antics and the wonderful companionship it can provide. Good Luck!!!:cheer: Relax, have patience and enjoy!!!<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2008/10/08 20:26