NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

UPDATE ON 15yo CAG

tony1986

OK NOW WHEN I FIRST GOT HIMWHICH WAS ABOUT 4,5 WEEKS AGO HE KEPT LUNGING AT THE CAGE EVERYTIME I PUT MY HANDS NEAR HIS CAGE.... NOW HE SEES ME STROKING MY GREY IV HAD FOR NEARLY 3 YEARS AND MAKES THIS FUNNY LITTLE NOISE LIKE HE WANTS TO BE STROKED.. SO I WALK OVER THERE PUT MY FINGERS ON THE CAGE AND HE LETS ME STROKE HIM NO PROBLEM BUT THATS WITH HISS HEAD DOWN, IM STILL ALITTLE TOO NERVOUS ABOUT PUTTING MY FINGERS IN WEN HE IS LOOKING AT ME AND TOO NERVOUS TO TRY AND PICK HIM UP.. . HE ALSO LOOKS LIKE HES REGERGATATING FOR ME.. AINT THIS WEIRD AS IV ONLY HAD FOR A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME??? DO U THINK HES READY FOR ME TO HANDLE HIM WITH MY HANDS NOW??

Sounds like he is asking for attention. If you can stroke his head, work on step up next. If he gets scared back off a bit. Take it slow but handle all you can even just on the head. Offer treats by hand. Sounds like things are going the right way. Sheila

Tony, get over the nervousness and go for it, he is picking up on that and you never will be able to handle him if you don't, he may bite but offer the back of your hand in a fist, he won't be able to get a good hold of your skin.

And if he is reguritating for you then he does accept you, he likes you so go for it;) :whistle: :cheer:

I agree with the rest of the members. Sounds like he is ready for you to interact with him more:woohoo: When I got my adult grey he would put his head down for me to scratch it but petting him was out of the questions. He kind of let me know when he was ready for the next step or steps. I did notice that he wanted the attention and when I would try petting him down his back or on his belly, new places, he would let it happen for a second and then realize this was all new and either look uncomfortable about it or back away. But just keep going at it. Pet him a little farther down his neck and a little farther down a little at a time without getting him too nervous. He will figure out if feels good and you aren't out to hurt him. I would start working on the step up too. Life is soooooo much easier when they know how to step up. Congradulations though, it sounds like great progress is being made:) Thanks for giving us the update. Keep us posted.