NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How do i sleep ???

liefie1

Hi all!!!

Its 3am in the morning and i can not sleep!!!!

Worried my baby would cry and i dont hear him!!!:unsure:

Can not drink sommething to sleep cause then i would certanly not hear him!!!

Has this ever happened to any one else or

am i the only nervous/paranoid mom????

:blink:

No Yvette, you are not the first person this has happened to nor will you be the last, you have a very young grey baby that needs you and you are unsure if what you are doing is the right thing to do, its only natural. But please take care of yourself so you can take proper care of the grey and someone is always on that you can ask questions if you need help.

Now go to bed and get some sleep:whistle: ;):P

I had nightmares almost every night when Elmo was a chick...so your not alone. I have raised SOOOOO many parrot babies and all of them sleep through the night. Some will want to be fed sooner than others but it's not like one day they want food at 6am and the next at 8am. I had a clutch of baby Blue Crown Conures and they would wake me up every morning at 5:30am, but then the clutch of TAGs wouldn't want food till 10am.

Did you get any sleep afterwards? I know the feeling this morning. I have a very sick 12 day old tiel and found it terribly hard to sleep last night in case something happened to him. But its morning and he is still fighting. I suppose after a few nights we will relax a bit;)

Hi there Luvparots!!!(sorry guys im roten with remembering the real names):pinch:

Thanks for the suport !!!!

Liefie translated to english means Lovie!!!

Cause i fell in love with this baby the

moment i saw him!!!{Love-00020113}

Hi Siobha9

I am very sorry to hear that what is wrong with

him/her????

And yes i got about 3 hours sleep, and that will do.

Hope your Pet gets better soon!!

And im sure with all your love and attention he/she

will be okay in no time!!!

My mom always said " love and rest is best"

Kind Regards

Yvette

I know what you mean as well.

I just added another baby grey to my flock and I have been the same this week! I keep worrying they will all wake each other up!

They have been fine though and I am starting to relax a bit more now. You will as well soon.Hope you get some sleep.

Caroline

He developed sour crop. I noticed yesterday that the parents weren't staying in the nest box and I got worried so I pulled him. He was the only surviving chick of the clutch. Anyways as the day went on it was pretty obvious the crop wasnt emptying but with lots of help from 2 members here we collectively have helped him so far! But the night is still young, it is a dreadful thing to have happen:(