NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Nigeria

Hi all!!

I am yvette and live in nigeria (from south africa )

I found myself buying a new baby grey (about6weeks old) on sunday after

driving past a street market and seeing the poor baby

laying in a big dirty cage!!

He was very neglected and they were feeding him raw beans of all things i got into a argument with the guy

and told him he is crazy feeding him the beans he

tought this was very funny and simply told me

if i wana feed him that i should buy him!!

And ofcourse i did.

so now found myself the owner of a lovley new baby grey.:)

I still need some help with this cause i never

had a grey baby under 3 months old.

and ya thats it from me!!!Many thanks to everyone who

was so friendly and helpfull!!!

{Feel-good-000200A2} THis is him on sunday when i got him

Picture_1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: liefie1, at: 2008/10/01 21:45

Picture_1.jpg

Hello Yvette and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this little fella.

He looks a bit rough from the picture you provided but from what you have told us of the conditions he was living in no wonder. You have probably saved this little guy's life.

We do have a nursery room where you will find threads that should help you with the feeding and care of a very young grey baby and we have several members who are very knowledgeable in these matters.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Try to get us another picture, a clearer one if you can manage it, will give us a better look at him, but it looks like you will need to find an avian vet even if you have to travel a distance. This baby depends on you for its survival and I know you would not want anything to happen to it if you can help it.

Poor little baby. He has had such a bad start. I am so glad someone like you came along and got him out of that situation. I hope this turns out good for you and the little one. Please try and see a vet if you can. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Yvette

Welcome to the grey forums! Its people like you that make this world such a wonderful place. You have done such an incredible thing for this little baby and as I am sure you are learning at 6 weeks old your little guy needs a lot of minding.

I wish you the very best of luck with him and please keep up posted on how he is getting on;) Karma to you for your kind act,

Siobhan

HI Yvette,

This is a amazing story thank you for getting getting that guy outta there !! Your kind act will pay off for you tenfold and you will have the best relationship with this little guy ! I cant wait to watch him and you grow together GOOD LUCK!!

In your post doesnt sound like you come from Nigeria How did you come to live there ?

Welcome yvette!!

It's GreYt having you here and you did a wonderful thing in picking up that baby Grey from it's deplorable living conditions.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing more photos when you get a chance. :-)