NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird Carrier size????

fairymyst78

OK...well the time to bringing baby home is in about a month...so I started thinking about the carrier to bring her home in!

I was thinking something like this but am unsure of the size I should get. Also any suggestions on ways to make it more bird friendly, since it is actually meant for a cat! How funny is that?!?!?!

http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-14690

If you are only going to use this kind of carrier very rarely then it's fine,some greys would feel very secure in an enclosed carrier where as others would not.If you are going to be using your carrier on plenty of occasions / trips etc..then i would suggest an appropriate bird carrier so your grey can see the world around him ;)

If you go for the cat carrier you can screw a little dowel perch inside ,if you go for a bird carrier they come with perches & feeding bowls.

That looks like the carrier cflanny just brought ZZero home in :P (granted I can only see the top of it in her pictures...).

How long is the drive home? Have you considered getting a carrier designed specifically for birds (i.e., with a perch in it, for instance)? They are probably more expensive than the carrier you showed, but they might be more versatile in the long run, too (for trips to the vet, or other travel).

After a lot of looking and advice i have purchased a cage type carrier .it was actually cheaper than the pet carrier in the picture .I have got to travel 250 miles to pick mine up so I thought this would be a better type for me, also easier for him to look around and see everything .

I got a travel cage similar to the one in the post by Poppy from the country roost website and it was $49, after I get home I will find the exact site and put the link in for you.

Well I just checked and the same cage is now $59 but here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.thecountryroost.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=28_29&osCsid=cec5f2e6b421b349eb3102d7b041745d<br><br>Post edited by: judygram, at: 2008/10/01 05:03

I bought a small powder coat cage for my birds at petsmart for 60 dollars it has handles on the sides and a big door that opens up to a play stand type thing. its 18"x14"x20"high I can strap it into a seat bealt and it has two feeding staitions. its the perfect size for any small to medium size bird for travel

travelcage1001.jpg

Its made by top wing and it a nice solid cage great for all your travel needs and it has 5/8 bar spacing so its good for little birds also

• 3 weeks later...

I checked out the collapsible bird carrier Judy mentioned and think it will be just right for anytime my bird needs to have a sleepover with relatives. It's big and open enough so my grey can enjoy seeing everything but still be safe and confined if necessary. Thanks for the tip Judy!!!:silly: I ordered one, the large size, no shipping charges, love that;:kiss: also got a boing. God I need a bird!!!! 11/15 is so far away.:(