NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Molt or Not Advice please

Diane7

My Polly is 1 year old and has had what I thought was a molt, it has been a few months now and as you can see by the pic her feathers are growing back round her throat but not on her tummy.

My friend has suggested Aloe Vera juice but what qty to water do I mix.

I can't think of anything that has upset her she is fine in her self apart from looking a tad scruffy

PLEASE HELP

Link to photo (tried to add photo before but had problems this should work)

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/diane7_photos/DSCF1674.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Diane7, at: 2008/09/30 01:02

Thanks for the picture

The picture describes a bird who is partially molting, partially finished some molting and who also has barbered some feathers on the back. Most greys when they have finished molting, never grow all the feathers back at the same time. The reason is that the molting doesn't stop at one time. More than likely, dry skin is involved in this molt. That problem can be solved by frequent( daily) misting with coolish water and with the aloe juice when you obtain it. Make sure you try to saturate the skin as much as possible. Don't towel dry. Don't use any hair dryer. Let the skin benefit from the soaking he's just received. The longer he's wet, the better.