NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Luvparrots

I've been thinking alot about when my baby Tag joins my home and what I would like it to learn to mimic. To this end I have been listening closely to the sounds in and around my house. The ones I can't do anything about because I live in town; the garbage truck, the lunch whistle that blows at noon, the school buses and children going to and from the bus, amd my favorite the train whistle; and the ones I could do something about, my dog Lily's barking, the sound of the doorbell, and my favorite my grandfather clock which chimes Westminister Abbey. And all I can say is, I CAN'T WAIT!!!{Feel-good-0002006E}{Feel-good-00020069}{Feel-good-0002006B}

You forgot dripping water, the car alarm, the noise of dishes being put away, the swallowing/ gurgling of drinks, the microwave, the beeping of a car, the opening of tin cans, police sirens, sounds of misting bottle, farting ( all styles, all types). There are others but I'll not mention them. Gotta leave some things that'll surprise and tickle you to the bone.

PS--the toilet flushing<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/09/29 18:02

I can't wait for you, you are going to have so much fun when you bring the baby grey home and I am sure he/she will pick up the most obnoxious ones to mimic. You're right, there is not much you can do about the noises it hears but in any case if he/she picks up one you don't like just ignore it for if you give any reaction at all that only reinforces the repeating of it for the response it gets.:laugh: :whistle: :P

lol - I have been doing the same thing I happen to live in a bird paradise because I dont think anyone in my nieghborhood even has a cat( never see any) so right now I have 4 different familys in my yard 4 Doves (awsome sound!!) 5 wood peckers (tap tap tap) 3 little mocking birds ( zeros teachers I am sure) and my favorite but worst sound is my 6 yes 6 Bluejays which hang out right out the window where Zero will be near. I am so worried about the jay calls they are so loud !! haha I can hear the Jays on the roof now playing:)

I CANT WAIT!!! It is gonna be so fun for us :))

Baxter makes lots of cool sounds. I love them all. :) But Monday is trash day here in the city and we have normal trash truck, compost truck, recycling truck and the street sweeper:blink: All be fore 10am. :ohmy: and Baxter is near the front window and is glued to the glass waiting for them:laugh: I hear the backing up of a truck (beep... beep... beep), brakes grinding (eerrrkkk) and the revving of an engine as the big trucks take off again all through the beak of my grey! It is hilarious and he sounds just like the trucks, too. I just love trash day now:laugh:

Of course he lets us know my chair squeaks, the fence gate squeaks too. The fire alarm, yep, he's got that one down too. They pick up on so much aka everything!!!

My bird does a sniffling sound, a cough, a yawn & stretch & a sigh;) . I could go on and on. They joys of a grey are endless;)