NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

whats in a name

she

Charlie is fine. The main thing is you are happy with the name you call him by. If he seems like a Charlie, Charles or Chuck, then thats what it is. Your Grey just knows when you say that human tonal expression, it is directed to him.

He may resent the fact that he would rather be called King, but he humors you. :-)

Yes, I have a Charlie as well! When I looked at him it was the first name that came to mind because he looked so cheeky:)

I also have another grey called Keeko which I thought was a nice name for a girl, anyway, he has been dna'd a boy now but still like the name and he calls himself this as well.

Funny you should start this thread, she: I was just thinking of doing something similar. I have one of the several "Max"'s on here, and have wondered how many Maxes there really are. Our Max is short for Maximum Nymphodora, and I think I must call her Maxi more often than Max to her face, because "Maxi" is the name she is starting to try to say herself. Still, it does seem there are certain names that you hear more often than others - Tico is another one I've heard often.

We wanted a name that was close to human since they live so long and are smart. We thought it would be weird having a conversation with a bird named something goofy (my daughter came up with some odd ones). We came up with Rexxy after that cute little dinasuar from pbs cartoon "callou". He likes rexxy, rex and rexxer.