NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Some Pics of TUI !

seankly

Heres some pictures on my new baby Tui.

I get him/her on the 28th October...cant wait!

The pictures start from just 1 week to present, 6 weeks i think. What a difference there is already!

This is Tui at 1 day old, you can just see Tui under the mum. Mum doesnt look too happy! :blink: ..

Born5thAug08.jpg

and now in the brooder, playing with toys already :laugh:

22_AUG_Tui_and_his_baby_brother.jpg

Tui was born on the 5th, this picture is the 25th Aug 08..

DSC01175.jpg

and now the 5th September 08..

DSC01215.jpg

and finally this paicture was taken last Monday 22nd, looks more like a little parrot now! B)

DSC01409.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics!<br><br>Post edited by: seankly, at: 2008/09/27 20:19

The breeder has been great with letting me visit as often as i like.

It was a great experience to see the eggs in the nest box. The mum was hissing and screeching...not a nice sound and quite scary actually !:pinch: I had to stick my head in to take the photo!

The last picture was taken just on Mnday. Tui is now picking up toys and throwing them and then waddling over to them, still not too steady on the feet!

I feel ive been lucky to have this experience...has anyone else been as lucky to visit the breeder?

Thanks

Sean

Tui is adorable and yes you are lucky to be able to have this experience, I did not get to see my baby until she was partially feathered.

I am surprised that the breeder would let you see it in the nestbox, the parents really should not be disturbed at that stage and no wonder the mom was hissing and screeching.

Thanks for sharing those pics with us and keep us updated with new ones for they change so rapidly when young.

I am so glad I saw your great album of pics of your new baby because my Tag Tallulah/Cisco was born on 8/15 and I haven't seen her/him yet. (I'm showing my age with these old film names, for you youngsters, Tallulah Bank was an old film actress and The Cisco Kid and old film western character)Anyway your pictures give me some idea of what my baby looks like, so thanks bunches. I hope you keep us informed of what you do and how things go with your Cag Tui (I think the mom in the pictures looks like a Cag) so I'll have a guide to use{Feel-good-00020069}. Thanks for sharing!!!:kiss:

He really is beautiful and you are so lucky to have seen him literally from day one. I got both of mine fully weaned at 16 weeks and I had never seen them before that. So to me they always looked pretty much as they do now apart from the eye colour and the tail feathers. Please keep showing us more photos as he grows;)

I'm off to the breeder on Friday so hopefully get a few pictures. These will be two weeks since the last one so I'll expect to see a big difference again.

I'll post them as soon as I can.

4 weeks till she's home! Can't wait !

Sean

I'm unsure what the best food would be for Tui when she comes home. What do you all think. I am interested in a pellet type food, Harrisons inparticular.

Do you think this would be best? Obviously I'll feed her fruit veg etc. I've also bought some red palm oil as well which I'll feed her every other day.

The breeder is feeding a seed mix along with a huge variety of fruit and vegetables which seems to be working for him.

I thought the pellets may ensure she is getting the basics needed for a healthy diet but the more I read the more confusing things become!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks, Sean