NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Fun time with Ethel

BMustee

I had a little free time today at work so I got my camera and played with my B&G boyfriend Ethel.

The hand is Joann's...she is telling Ethel that she knows his game. He doesn't like her and LOVE to bite her.:laugh:

001-1.jpg

Here is Ethel giving me the "I was being good look" after he was trying to bite Joann.

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

I know I'm nuts, but Ethel loves my fingers and bobs & chews on them.

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

Here is his beauty shot.

007-1.jpg

He is spoiled ROTTEN!!! It's pretty funny because he is one of the biggest biters at the store...he nails at least one person a day that mess with him, but he must know that I'm not scared of that beak of his. When he wants my attention he will dance and jump on his stand or on the railing and inflate his crop to the point it looks like he is going to explode. I say he is "holding his breath" like a kid would do to get his way.:laugh: I bring my camera with me almost every day but I can never seem to get a picture of him doing it.

I know I'm nuts, but Ethel loves my fingers and bobs & chews on them.

Yes you are definitely nuts! I am really scared of B&G's beaks! They are so big and powerful looking :ohmy: You have to be either nuts or very very brave:blink:

He is a beauty though, thanks for the pictures;)

The macaw beaks really don't bother me. I would rather be bit by a big beak than a little. It's funny when Ethel gets my fingers because he is actually being pretty gentle considering how big his beak is. Sometimes he bites down a little too hard but I tell him to "be nice" and he lets up on the pressure.

I love how funny Ethels name is. When you think of the name Ethel you think a little old lady but Ethel is a huge male macaw...I bet he's a good 1300-1350 grams.

Great photos Berna and "Ethel" the Boy is a beauty.

I can not help but picture your finger in a set of large pruning shears just ready to lop off a branch :pinch:

I know it's probably not gonna happen, but man, your finger looks very small in the huge pruner. :-) Of course, who am I to speak when I do the same. ;-)

I love those photos. Ethel looks like a big baby...so cute! Baxter grabs my fingers like that too and bobs his head up and down. He is very gentle most of the time but every now and then he will push his limits and I have to tell him to "be nice" and he lets up. I would love to have a macaw but I would have to get a bigger house. Maybe on day, sigh...

Oh I would LOVE to bring Ethel home..and Pattie and Sasha...but I had to move back in with my dad about a year ago because of this WONDERFUL economy we got going on. As soon as I get my own house I'll think about expanding my flock.

Dan, I picture the same thing:laugh: . Sometimes I wonder if ethel will pull my finger back and make me say "uncle" for a nut though.:laugh: :woohoo: :laugh: