NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

another grey

tommybar

We have gone and done it...We are getting a 6 month female CAG to add to our ever growing flock. She is a rescue, she was bought buy her last owers for the children aged 6 and 3. The mistake was soon realized when the 3 year old hand got chomped badly. I feel sorry for the child but am angry with the parents for not doing their homework first and also the breeder for selling her to them without asking loads of questions. She as been kept in her cage for 2 months of her short life. Her name is Barbie but I am changing that I am liking Flo as I like old names. What do you think? any suggestions?

Off to buy another cage well Katka is getting a upgrade and the new one is having hers.

She is at our vets and is a sweet little thing, we pick her up on Saturday. Since we rescued Katka our vet phones us first with any rescues she comes across.

This is how we got the 4 lovebirds, they where kept in a small show cage for a year.

We are reconstructing downstairs in the spring and building 3 large avaries (outdoors and indoors).

I will post pictures of her as soon as I have them

Well Congratulations on rescuing a CAG!!

Isn't it horrible that people go out and buy a Parrot of any type and then blame the poor bird when a young child gets bit for bad behaviour. I would have let the child learn bad behaviour from bad bites, just like they learn fire is hot the first time they decide to put their hand in it. Thats how children learn...cause and effect :pinch:

Your construction plans sound wonderful and also as if you plan on starting a large rescue final home for many more parrots that need tlc. :-)

Looking forward to hearing tons more about your rescues and the cnstruction project!!

Congratulations! Its great you have taken in another rescue. Make sure you post lots of pics for us when you bring her home.

The avaries sound great, I wish I had the room to do something like this for my birds.

My husband jokes the birds have taken over the house already as each time we bring something new in for the birds we lose a piece of furniture!:laugh:

Caroline.