NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cold Feed, Undecisive, Suggestions?

Guest Monique

Guest Monique

Hi!!! I’m getting nervous about my birdie…. My breeder wrote me and asked me was I sure I wanted the girl. My original ideal bird was an outgong talkative boy but she didn’t have this. Originally she described them as I have below. I have plenty parrot and grey experience but I’m not the most assertive person in the world. But I feel just torn now. Maybe this is the proverbial cold feet. Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated!!! Maybe I'm just getting nervous about my parronting skills.

First description:

Girl: Chatterbox, into everything “a real trip”

Boy: Quiet, more reserved, doesn’t want to do a whole lot

Next

Then she said they’ve grown up some and they all have sweet personalities and since they’re both still available she wanted to run them by me again.

Girl: A bit bossier and independent

Boy: More affectionate and wimpy

Then I told her what I hoped for was a bird who might be one that would not shut up someday – she said “guess we’ll stick with the girl”.

Now this last e-mail today she said:

Your girl is doing great. She's already getting a bit head strong. She's sweet, but will definitely require some firm boundaries while she's testing her limits with her pet humans.

Guest Monique

To be quite honest, my original concern was Aubrey will EAT ME and not like me. I'll have little pock marks all over my body from being bitten and she won't want to ever come out of her cage, be friendly, or do anything.

Okay, I'm being dramatic and silly.

I have hence settled down.

I am sure it will be fine. I am just going to stop thinking about it.

she's only a baby....and no matter what kind of bird you have, you ALWAYS have the chance of being bit!! just look at my black and blue bird hicky on my neck LOL... done my little sun conure, after i tried to introduce Sammie Sunconure to our new CAG Gabby, it hurt so bad, I was in tears, but I could not let it effect my attitude toward him, he was just defending his territory----ME.

the sun conure....we've had him for about 7 mo's and just brought Gabby CAG home Sunday she is 4mos old, just a baby. We never thought Sammie would be so aggressive, but i've got the mark to prove it. hurt like heck...