NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to the Timneh world

Luvparrots

Hi and welcome! Grats on your upcoming arival! Things to purchase... The largest cage you can afford and accomidate, Food and water dishes, maybe a seperate dish for fresh fruits, veggies and treats, A few perches of varying thickneses and textures, cuttle bone or other source of calcium. All of my birds like this perch that's mango and banana flavored, can't remember what it's called or made from, was in the bird isle of the pet store though, it's edible and they use it to file their nails, groom their beak, eat and itch their heads. Toys toys toys, I'm a fan of rope swings, so I reccomend at least one of those too. As far as toys, my grey likes bells and loves things with ropey fringy things. He likes to preen the fringy bits. He's not much of a chewer yet but he does like those shredders toys. He's not really into his foot toys yet either, but we're working on that and he will nose them around a bit when he feels like it.

I'm sure other folks will have other suggestions and advice for starting out. :)

Welcome to our world!:)

Abernathy's given you a great starter list! My Timneh also likes the edible perches and the rope perches (they're easy to hang on to), and bells (she likes to sit under one and use it for a hat! :lol: ) I put a concrete perch by her water dish - heard somewhere that it would feel natural to them to be standing on "stone" near water - and it helps keep her nails trimmed. I also got her a shower perch, which has been invaluable - she gets to hang out with me in the shower steam even on the days she doesn't get showered herself (which she does every few days...) Now she hollers at me from the other room if she hears the shower running and she's not in there with me.:P

Last but not least, I've gotten a huge amount of use out of the Adventure Pack backpack cage I bought when I got her. It really lets me take her around with me when other factors allow, and lets her be more a part of my life outside our house. She obviously enjoys it:readily gets into it when I open the door for her. I don't mean to necessarily plug this particular product, though my experience with it for a year has been wonderful - there are other similar take-along cages.

Once again: welcome! Isn't it fun to prepare the nest?;)

Thank you LindaMary for your message and input. I have been checking out the websites on supplies and saw the front carrying pack carriers and was wondering about them.

This site looks like a wonderful place to share info and get firsthand input from true grey lovers. I can't wait to have some tidbits to share with everyone.:)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I bet you are excited. It looks the others gave you a great list to start with. My grey loves the most simple toys, like a plain white rope with knots in it, (he will work on those for hours) I hang that from the top of the cage. And plain leather straps with knots of course and another great one is wadded up pieces of paper:) I know you can spend a fortune on toys and I have but these simple ones seem to make him the happiest. Let us know when your baby makes it home.