NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Remodeling the kitchen!

Raiderbabe

Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I are remodeling the kitchen. I already know that you can't use a self cleaning oven Malibu is in the house so I'm buying one that doesn't even have one. I just plan on cleaning it myself. I would like to get a flat top stove. Does anyone have experience with a flat top. Is that ok to cook stainless steel on while Malibu is in the house? I am attaching a link for the stove I am looking at. Can anyone help me with this. I really want to make sure I do everything right for Malibu. Anything else I should keep in mind while remodeling?

Here is the link for the stove.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=258203-83-JBS55DMCC&lpage=none

I have one of those smooth cooking tops, mine is built into the countertop, it isn't much different from any other hot appliance, it has the potential to burn anything put on it when it is hot. But I love the clean up, no drip pans to catch stuff and eventually rust out. You use a special cleaner on it and it cleans up in a snap.

Just to be safe, you might want to call the range manufacturer and ask them if any part of the oven or flat top contain non-stick high temperature plastics, such as PTFE aka Teflon. These plastics degrade over time and may start to give off toxins at lower temperatures. If you find that it does contain PTFE and you still choose to go with that particular model, at least you'll know that you need to exercise more caution when your fids are around.