NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

leaving my parrot

Gus

i go away with the family and leave my bird with a wonderful woman that usually takes dogs in as home boarders. i have asked her if she will have him again over xmas and she has said that even though she aint taking dogs in this year at xmas she will have him no prob ....

only thing is she says that she is going to her sisters for dinner and will prob stay there so he will be alone . she will be back pretty sharpish as she has her own dogs to come home to.

what does everyone think ?? she's not daft and i have also got him into a routine lately of going to bed around 7pm and he now shouts to have his food changed and be covered up .<br><br>Post edited by: Gus, at: 2008/09/23 00:53

If she is just going to dinner, than I would imagine it would be ok....as long is she isn't staying out overnight. If he is in his cage and she is only gone a few hours, I wouldn't worry about it. After all, you leave for hours at a time as well, yes?

Hope this helps!

:)

I've had to leave my CAG overnight a few times when going to visit some friends and she's been just fine. I make sure she has fresh food and water, some cardboard to chew on, and I set a timer on the TV to come on a few times for an hour or so. I leave the shades open so there's light during the day but leave the lights off so it gets dark at night. If you happen to have timers for your lights you could do that too.

I've done this on a number of occasions, being gone for about a day and a half, with no evidence it upset her. She's happy to see me when I get back, and doesn't really react any differently than if I'd just been gone for work.