NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Throwing food

ccabel

Hi CC and Harley. i was one of the members chatting with you on the messenger. This is the welcome room where we would like to hear all about you and harley, how long have you had him and all that jazz. We love to oooh and awww over others greys and would love to see a picture when you get the chance.

As for the food throwing. I don't have an answer for you but I'm sure others on here will be able to help you.

Please check through all the links for useful threads in the forums. There are welcomes, health, African Greys and many others. You will find all kinds of good stuff in them.

Please make sure you tell us more about you and Harley. We'd love to hear more:)

Hi Ccable and Harley! Welcome aboard! All of my birds enjoy tossing their food around. Morgan (my tag) especially, he's made a game of it. Our dog Buster has taken up permanent residence next to Morgans cage. Morgan thinks it's great fun to toss his left-overs out for Buster.

Since all of my birds do this, I just keep a dust pan and broom next to their cages. Only our stairs are carpeted, and hard wood and wide pine floors are easy to sweep. Sorry I'm not much help.

Good luck with your food tossing though, maybe someone will have some pointers :)

Hello Ccabel and welcome to the family, so glad you have decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Harley.

Most birds and that includes greys love to throw their food and especially if they have an audience or they get a reaction out of you when they do it. That is the key here, they may not stop it entirely, birds are wasteful creatures but they are going to continue to do what gives them attention. The best advice is to ignore it and accept the fact that birds are gonna be messy.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We would love to see some pictures of Harley if you have some you would share with us.