NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Getting ready for vacation

Matthew

I'm going to be gone for a week later this fall and have started getting everything ready for the birds. What all do you guys do to get your birds ready for your absence. Any overly obsessive thing you insist on doing, such as calling home more than once a day?

I'll get all of their meals ready and portioned out. I also always get a new special toy they can shred while I'm gone. Those bird pinatas work really well. Tucker also has a chain with beads and a role of cash register tape he can pull out and shred.

I also have someone stay at my place. Stopping in for a little bit to feed them and play just isn't enough. :)

Hi Matthew - I too am fortunate enough to have some trusted folks (that like birds) stay at our place when we go away. I portion out/prepare most of the foods I want offered each day and I leave a list of daily "chores" regarding the routine (see my related thread "labor of love"). Other than that, I make a concerted effort not to make going away a big deal. I dont fret, spend much time telling Kip we are leaving or make a big deal. I figure if I/we dont make a big deal then it wont be a big deal to the bird!