NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

History of GreyForum?

Carolyn

There is a history and a bit of a mystery, apparently by design. I understand the current owner started the site due to his love of Greys and seems to more or less want to remain anonymous. In the first few years there were not all that many members and there were some start up challenges. Then last year, 2007, several of us came here from another forum and went on to become Mods and/or Admins helping to make this place what we all enjoy today. Perhaps some of the others are willing/able to provide more info. One thing for sure, we all think its the best darn Grey forum around! ;)

Mark is pretty close. This forum which is based in Isreal, was started 7 years ago by a Grey owner who wanted to share his love for greys. He continues to remain anonymous to the members by his choice. A few of us admin do know who he is, but we respect his right to his privacy. He has a good friend named FairY who he asked to help him monitor this site by becoming an admin. She agreed and kept things going pretty much by herself, until a year and a half ago when Ceasarsdad and I became members here. We dragged Judygram, our best friend from another grey forum that we all were members of, and some very good friends, Mark (dbhelix, Heatherstella) and many others that were our friends there. At that time, there were only 3 rooms here. Ceasarsdad and I became admin, then we started to add more rooms. We are now up to 15. We added all the moderators, who by the way, do an excellent job!!

We continue to grow this forum every day. When we joined, there were only 1000 members, today, this is the biggest Grey Forum on the internet devoted to African Greys, with 3775 memebers!

We are so lucky to have the best of the best for members here, it's YOU members that make this site what it is today! SO, THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing that info with us. I've also wondered about it and now we all know... I've been on a few other forums and this is by far the best and most user friendly I've come across. I still check out some others from time to time but always find myself coming back to this one. Great job you all (admins & mods) are doing and great job to all the members that make this forum a good place to learn about greys and make friends. Thanks and lets all keep up the good work!

It's nice to know how this forum was started. It is a great place to learn about greys. Thanks for sharing this information with us. I know we would all love to know who this Grey philanthropist is. But curiousity killed the cat-- so I'll just say--Kudos to you Sir and Bravo!!!

Thanks for explaining the history.

I am the same as Lyric, I have visited a few different grey forums but no other has been as informative, useful or friendly as this one.

I love this forum and plan on being a member for the health and well being of my boys and value the friendships I have made on here.

• 2 weeks later...