NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hello from ga.

terirose1

:) Getting ready to get a grey again finaly.mine passed away after 17 years.Its been three years now,and Im ready to love again.

Anyone with some good imformation on getting a african grey or double yellowheaded amazon in Georgia,would greatly be appreciated.I would only want to pick my bird up.thanks,and nice meeting yall!!:cheer:

Hello Terirose and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your quest for another grey.

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your grey but you know what amazing creatures they are and now you are ready to love another one again.

I don't know of any breeders in your area but if you go to www.avianbiotech.com and do a search by state you will find any that are in your area.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so read thru them at your leisure and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Welcome terirose1 !!

It's GreYt having you here. I do not know any breeders or rescues to recommend from your area, but others here may.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your 17y year long Grey companion. I can not imagine the pain and grief. But, I think 3 years of dealing with it says it all.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)

Hi and welcome to the family. I've been a member for a few months now and really like it here. Sorry about your previous grey.:(

I have gotten 2 birds, an african grey and an eclectus and I found them on craigslist.com. I checked your area too and see they do offer birds on craigslist.com in your area, too. I just did a quick search cuz I didn't know an area close to you but did see a few parrots that are being offered. You might want to check there from time to time to see if any greys or DYH come up. Most are adults and needed a new home but I have seen breeders advertising their babies as well. You might find something in your local or big city newspaper, too. Good luck finding another wonderful companion.<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/09/20 22:46

Hi, and welcome.. I totally agree with Baxters mom. I got my grey off of craigslist, and she is only 14 months old. Also I got my Timneh as a second hand bird from a breeder and have had her now for 7yrs. Dont rule out befriended an older bird that needs a new home. Good luck finding a new friend.

Tina in OR.

The pet store I go to get my birds food and accessories only deal in birds and fish. They sell alot of young just weaned birds but from time to time they get older birds in that need new homes. I don't know if you would consider an older bird but it might be worth a try to call a pet store near you that sells exotic birds if you would take an older one. There is a 10 year old grey up at the store I go to and I would just love to have him but I know it would not be a good idea :( . All my birds were adults when I got them. I have 3 and all 3 are just wonderful birds that bring me so much happiness.

Thank you for all the great hellos! I have pulled up the craigslist and have been looking.

a neighbor came visiting today,and she think she knows of two breeders,I do hope they have a older bird,I prefer one.so we will see soon I hope.Trying not to rush it and catch up on all my books again about parrots,amazons aand of course the beautiful greys!

thanks again for the warm greetings!terirose:cheer:

• 2 weeks later...

Terirose got a grey!!Im so excited,cried like a baby when the lady called,come to find out she remembered when I had mr. grey!

She gave me a absolute great deal,cage and all,couldnt believe it. His name is sweet pete or sweet pea,depends his mood,he loves me already,when I look at him he says ahhhhhhhhh,like I love you to me.

Im putting him on a good diet, and he loves it. He is digging into his chest feathers though,I know they molt,but what if its mites,not sure,he was nervouss before in his other home ,the small kids drove him crazey.Im going to get some aloe juice for sure.Ive been giving him baths only with a spayer til he gets use to me.He doesnt step up,but he lets me scratch the back of his neck.but one step at a time I know. Im reading even more on the forum,anyone with suggestions for me,hey Im all ears.

Can you believe, I finaly have another boy sweetpea

We think he is about 4 also whats your suggestions with mites if he has them.thanks Terirose

Wow! Congratulations! Thats brilliant that he is letting you scratch him already isnt it? Stepping up will come when he trusts you I'm sure.

As for the mites, i would have him checked over by an avian vet anyways just to make sure there are no underlying problems and ask him about the mites. My 2 love to dig in their feathers and they are perfectly heathly, but its best to be sure;)

:cheer: thank you,Im going to take him to one,just to make us both feel better. He is so perrty. He did say to me " you want a piece of me big boy" so we are working on some new words,well need to get to bed,cant wait for the challenge in the morning.loving life again!.

Congratulations TeriRose!!!

It's wonderful to hear you have taken in a Grey in need of rescue and a final loving home that I know you will provide, based on your previous 17 year relationship with your much loved Grey.

Sweet Pete/Pea sounds like quite a character just waiting to trust and open his heart to the one (You) he is destined to fall in love with.

Looking forward to hearing how he continues to progress and also some photos when you have the opportunity. :-)

I am glad you have sweetpea and the two of you will bond. It must be strange for him to see that he is in another home with another mommy but good luck to the two of you. As you say this is a great forum and we all learn from one another. My boykie is now 10 months but i will do anything for him. He is so spoiled but i dont mind. Goodluck :)

I am glad you have sweetpea and the two of you will bond. It must be strange for him to see that he is in another home with another mommy but good luck to the two of you. As you say this is a great forum and we all learn from one another. My boykie is now 10 months but i will do anything for him. He is so spoiled but i dont mind. Goodluck :)