NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

how early did you start?

bluekkiwi

I will be getting a grey in January(hopefully) and I was wondering how early did you all start buying things in preparation for your baby? Because I totally want to go and buy a cage and everything RIGHT NOW!!LOL I am so impatient:P

Also does anyone have any insight on the best way to transport a baby such a long way(the breeder is 6 hours away) without causing too much trauma?

I started out buying Roscoes cage and toys and food and toys and did I mention toys LOL, 3 months before he came home and I spent more on Roscoes stuff by far than I did him. Seriously by the time I was done I had spent over $2000 just on supplies! I like to be all prepared for my birds arrival and It sure kept me busy and my mind off the impatient waiting plus "You Tube" watching baby greys helped me alot too. Good Luck with your new baby and be sure to post tons of pictures :)<br><br>Post edited by: Cagal08, at: 2008/09/17 01:24

We started to buy stuff about a month before as well. We had to also drive 6 hours to pick ours up. We just used a dog travel cage which worked fine. The only thing we found was that when it started to get dark our grey got really fidgety and didn't really like it. We had the inside car light on, but didn't really help.

Also they were very very tired when we got them home from having to cling to the perch for 6 hours, which couldn't have been easy. Needless to say they slept a lot when we got home and we just left them to it.

I was like you.......I wanted to buy everything as soos as I found out I was getting a grey.

Like Tracy said I suggest you start buying thing so you can spread the cost as it can get expensive (toys, cage, food etc)

Good Luck

Nims ;)