NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A video to watch and ponder

zooman

Hey everyone.

Firstly I want to say i wasn't naive when i bought my Grey Zuri knowing that once before his family genes were wild caught and shipped to north America, but like all of you i was drawn to parrots and have loved every minute of it. This being said I knew that somewhere down the line in the past his family was wild caught. Watching this video made my stomach turn of watching wild greys being caught in Africa. Im posting this video for those that want to watch it and it does make you think, im so glad that we banned importation of wild caught birds into our countries and applaud our governments for it. This organization that posted this video has now encouraged the European union to do the same. Of course there is smuggling and asia its still legal. For any of you that are thinking of buying a wild caught grey or a smuggled one watch this video it may change your mind.

here is the link for this video..(understand that it may be disturbing to soem of you)

if you want to see a lighter side one of just wild greys its short but cool..here is the link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLpy6OPWpl0

It is terrible and i agree im so happy in Canada its the same we banned them as well. Im glad i saw it but you know sad as well..The drawback though will be that birds will become like dogs and cocketiels where the constant breeding will diminish the lifespans of the future generations of our birds, but im def not arguing that it shouldnt be stopped.