NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Going home alone

BlueCounty

Does your Grey ever go back in his cage on his own?

Gizmo is yawning his head off at the moment and has nice new veg in his bowl but hasnt gone near it?

Im convinced he'll stay on top all night.

I've noticed aswell today that when I do put him back in his cage he just stands in the same place and goes to sleep?

Tired or sulking??

Charlie the eldest grey goes in when you tell him. But the youngest Keeko usually gives me the run around for five minutes then I have to pick him up to put him in.

Have you tried to coax him in with a favourite treat?

Find out what he likes best and only save this if its time to go back in his cage.;)

No, Dayo will never go back in his Cage own. Even if I tell him to do so. ;-)

My conure however, will just fly to his cage and go to bed when he is sleepy or if I tell him it's night-night time, he will fly over and climb down in his cage.

It varies with every bird. :-)

Most birds have a "Spot" they choose as their favorite place to rest or sleep.

Dont get me wrong, when I get out the spare perch, he steps up really quickly then I just put him through the 'front door' He tries to hold onto the outside with his beak but if I just stay still he lets go then goes in.

Just wondered if anyone's bird goes in on their own? Suppose it varies as stated above.

Josey goes in on her own, she is out playing on her playtop that is on one side of her cage, her cage is split level, and a lot of times she is back in ready for bed. In fact she will be inside and out of the cage getting a snack or a drink of water and sometimes goes in to play with a toy.