NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hand Feedin

Tandasdad

I am new here but have a question. I am hand feeding mt CAG and loving the interaction. The baby is down to 2 feedings a day and doing well. My question comes in how much physical contact is spoinling. She wants to be on me all the time (which I love) but I work and do not want to over spoil her. She sqwaks when I put her in her cage and it breaks my heart. What should I do?

Her crop is filled and not haveing any feeding issues or provlems.

Thanks everyone.

My breeder told me to only give the attention that you can be consistant with providing. In other words, you don't want to play with him for 6 hours a day and then suddly drop down to 2 hours a day. Your bird won't understand the change. This is the one thing that is going to be hard for me when I bring home Ollie. I am going to want to spend a lot of time with him at first but I am going to have to be careful not to smother him with more attention than I can consistantly give him.

My breeder talks to me for hours during my visit and I learn so much information each visit.<br><br>Post edited by: TheGreyMiester, at: 2007/04/13 03:11

Tandasdad welcome to the forum, nice to have you here :)

The best advise is already given by TheGreyMiester so I just restrict myself to welcoming you and hoping you will enjoy it here :)

hiya im the same with my 3 month old african grey and when i hand feed him hi wants to be out.Then when he comes out for a play he dosnt want to go back in .you souldn't give in to them and dont feel sorry for them.I know it is hard but you have to.

GREYLOVER