NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

strange behaviors

Janfromboone

This is just a fun idea for a post. I wonder if anyone out there besides me has noticed strange or amazing behaviors from their greys. To me the ability or desire to dance is a strange behavior. What do wild greys do -- hide in the trees around african tribes playing drums and doing ritual dances and dance in their treetop perches. I think it's odd that greys love giving kisses so much. Tobie has odd behaviors, probebly related to foraging, when he eats. Here is a video of Tobie's dining behaviors. Anyone have a video of odd behaviors or just a story.

Nope just like not all people dance. Alex does all kinds of other stuff but I've never been able to get him to dance. He always looks at me like I'm nuts. He Loves to sing though. He will sing for long pireods of time several times a day. :woohoo: I love listening to him sing.

I love to see birds dance. I only wonder why this behavior is common. You can associate many behaviors with things needed for survival in the wild, but I can't imagine a wild African Grey dancing. I wish there were more videos or documentaries on African Greys. I saw the link above this post with the vjideo you can buy for 20 dollars and am considering it. Sounds like a downer though from some of the comments.<br><br>Post edited by: Janfromboone, at: 2008/09/14 02:50