NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Adventure Pack

Tigerlily

I'm very keen to get Tigerlily out and about and seeing as she REALLY isn't taking to her harness I was thinking of getting the adventure pack when it comes back out later this month. (apparently it can be worn round the front aswell)

Does anyone have any personal experiance of using it?

Does anyone have a better product?

Any other thoughts?

adventure_pack.jpg

adventure_pack.jpg

I have two of them and use them constantly, with my two greys and a pair of lovebirds. They are very strong, yet fairly light. Not only do they work well as a backpack, but they seatbelt into the car very well. I've also had very good experience in general with the company that created and sells them www.flyingsouth.com and its sister company www.thepinkbird.com.

I do recommend getting the mosquito netting and possibly one of the very slim plastic Lixit bottles, which you can attach to the side, yet still close the window. The built in foods and water cups work well when stationary, but when backpacking, the Lixit is much better.<br><br>Post edited by: Kaedyn, at: 2008/09/12 18:48

I can hardly imagine life without it. I got one at the same time that I got Max, and she actually gets excited when she sees me open it up - she knows she's coming along for a walk or a ride instead of being left at home. The roll-down canvas "windows" also let you give your bird a litle privacy if the world out there gets a little too chaotic for him/her. It really opens up the world for Max, I think - we're much more free to include her in our out-of-the-house activities because she has her own little portable safe haven anytime she needs it. I highly recommend it!